The DigitalHealth.London Accelerator is looking for a Programme Director to lead and develop the programme’s offering during its fourth year, and help develop its strategic vision for the fifth.
This is an exciting and high profile opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to deliver a flagship programme and be at the centre of a ground breaking strategic development in the London digital health economy. It’s a unique role working for the UK’s “best healthtech accelerator,” supporting some of the best health tech start-ups and scale ups in the world and the UK National Health Service to work better together to benefit Londoners and the health and care system.
What you’ll do
- You’ll have overall responsibility for all elements of the programme, including: developing the programme’s strategic vision and planning, delivery of metrics and obligations to funding partners, reporting to the Management Board, and managing and motivating a team of 12, including seven reports
- You’ll be the public face of the programme and will build excellent relationships, with a breadth of NHS organisations, small businesses and a wide range of other stakeholders
- You’ll ensure the accelerator is a high-value programme for participating small businesses, which is continually learning and improving
- You’ll work collaboratively with the Management Board to develop the programme’s strategic vision as it moves into a new phase for the future.
Who you are
This is a varied role, operating in an often-complicated environment which can be difficult to navigate. Positive energy, a flair for creative problem-solving, leadership skills, and strong organisational skills are therefore crucial.
- This innovative Accelerator programme provides bespoke support and advice to digital health companies looking to crack the NHS market, so you’ll have an excellent understanding of the NHS’ structure, decision-making process, funding streams, potential opportunities and barriers with respect to digital interventions
- You’ll also have a thorough understanding of the challenges facing small and medium-sized businesses – both from the perspective of working with the NHS, but also more generally
- You will be a stickler for organisation, backed up by formal programme management skills and significant experience in this.
- You will be an experienced manager and a proven strong, motivational leader, with the ability to clearly develop and communicate your vision to a diverse team made up of clinical and subject-matter experts. We need someone who can unite the team under their leadership, and support colleagues to grow and achieve their potential
- You will be professional and mature, able to act as the public face of the programme and with a credibility that resonates with NHS clinical staff, innovative technology companies, the Board, senior NHS decision- and policy-makers, colleagues, and the media
- You will be able to demonstrate your understanding of and passion for the potential of digital innovations to benefit NHS patients and the system.
This is a one-year maternity cover, and applications should be submitted by 5 June 2019.