Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BCHC) has published its strategy for nursing, setting out five ambitions to be delivered over the next three years.
The strategy includes the trust’s vision, values and objectives and enablers to achieve them. It them goes on to detail the role of nurses in Integrated Care Systems and provides a summary of what good looks like.
The strategy highlights: “Our three year Nursing Strategy is based around five ambitions to empower our nurses to lead and deliver the best care. The strategy is designed to address some of the key challenges the profession faces and to ensure that we have a professional, compassionate and highly skilled workforce to enable us to provide high quality care and make BCHC a great place to work.”
The five ambitions include:
- Ensure the delivery of safe high quality care and that patient participation and engagement is central in all they do
- Strengthen and increase the voice and visibility of nursing and nursing leadership
- Work with individuals, families and communities to equip them to make informed choices and manage their own health
- Have the right people, in the right places and at the right time
- Supporting excellence in practice and the professional contribution of nursing and practice that supports financial stability.
Marcia Perry, Director of Nursing and Therapies, commented: “I’ve been extremely proud to be the chief of nursing and therapies here through the pandemic and to see the unique role and contribution that every member of Team BCHC has made.
“In particular, I pay tribute to the contribution of our nursing family, which makes up the largest proportion of our workforce.
“Through this time, many members of that ‘family’ have worked with me and the team to develop this, our first professional nursing strategy, and to develop the five ambitions we will deliver over the next three years, which focus on providing safe, high quality care, with patient experience at the heart of everything we do.”
To view the strategy, please click here.