A new shared services scheme has launched across London, involving 10 trusts to centralise back-office and administrative functions.
North London Partners Shared Services (NLPSS) has formed, as a partnership between 10 north central London NHS trusts, with an aim to deliver more efficient and effective corporate services.
The trusts involved include:
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
The move comes inline with an expectation for integrated care systems to establish a shared platform for corporate and clinical support services, such as payroll, patient administration, recruitment and finance.
The first service to come under the umbrella of NLPSS is transactional recruitment services, such as employment checks.
Robert Prince, managing director, NLPSS, said: “This new shared service is a huge achievement for partnership working across north central London.
“The aim of the partnership is to achieve better quality, more resilient, responsive, user-friendly and efficient corporate services. The pooling of resources also means we can prevent waste and duplication, co-invest in the latest technology, and most crucially for recruitment, reduce the time taken to hire someone, relieving pressure on the frontline.”