The University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) has published its strategic vision and plan for the next five years.
The strategy is structured into five themes as part of ‘THE UHS WAY’, each with defined ambitions and priorities. The themes include:
- Outstanding patient outcomes, safety and experience
- Pioneering research and innovation
- World class people
- Integrated networks and collaboration
- Foundations for the future.
The trust said the strategy has been published as it continues to recover from the challenges of the COVID pandemic, they said: “Now is a good time for us to consider what comes next, the services we provide for patients and the experiences and opportunities we provide for staff.
“Through talking to staff and hearing of their hopes for themselves and the services they deliver, this document sets out our strategy and ambitions over the next five years. Much of it will feel familiar; there are no fundamental changes of purpose or direction. But outstanding organisations keep looking at the horizon and through our always improving ethos, we will make adjustments together to make us even more proud of the patient care we provide tomorrow than we are today.”
The strategy is underpinned by the core values of the organisation, which formulate across three areas of focus:
- Patients First – Patients, their families and carers are at the heart. Their experience of services will be the measure of success.
- Working Together – Partnership between clinicians, patients and carers is critical to achieving the vision, both within hospital teams and extending across organisational boundaries in the NHS, social care and third sector.
- Always Improving – Always improving services for patients through, inclusive and collaborative leadership, research, education, clinical effectiveness and quality improvement.