NICE has launched a recruitment programme to attract seven non-executive board members to support the development of NICE’s strategic objectives.
Each board member is expected to work up to 3 days a month and help towards the mission of the organisation.
NICE chairman Sharmila Nebhrajani said: “The board needs individuals with a broad range of specific technical skills but equally important is an intellectual curiosity, a deep commitment to improving health and care in England and a desire to contribute to collective deliberations that will ensure that NICE is fit for the challenges ahead.”
Each candidate must have the ability to contribute effectively on the board of a high-profile, national organisation and help supporting its strategic development, and providing scrutiny, support and challenge to the Executive team.
They must have sound judgement, based on an ability to consider complex and often sensitive issues, from an informed and balanced viewpoint and have a high-level understanding of and a commitment to the role of NICE in supporting quality outcomes for patients and service users across the health and social care system in England.
The candidates must have a track record of achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- practising NHS clinician
- social care skills, especially from a provider perspective
- data and informatics
- digital publishing
- transformation through technology
- patient perspectivesincluding an understanding of the development of shared care models
- understanding of and expertise in the life sciences or medtech industry
- medical research/scientific horizon scanning of key developments likely to shape healthcare in the future
- senior finance experience, including assurance, risk management and governance with an ability to chair the audit committee
- health economics
- ethics, inclusion and fairness
The deadline for applications is midday on Tuesday 22 September 2020. For more information please see: https://publicappointments.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/appointment/non-executive-directors-national-institute-for-health-and-care-excellence-nice/